Friday, March 20, 2009

Canadian Shipping and Purolator


First and foremost, I will say that Abercrombie and Fitch is lightning fast in shipping. I ordered some things just a couple of days ago (the 16th) and its the 20th and I have them in my hand (they actually could have been delivered on the 19th but I was in class). HOWEVER, I wanted to complain about Purolator. For any non-Canadian reading this, when you buy things off the Abercrombie.ca website, they are shipped with Purolator.

Well, I think Purolator is the worst company ever (at least their drivers are). TWICE I have had horrendous experiences with this company with 2 different shipments. In both situations, I had taken the day off to wait at home for the package and in both instances the driver failed to get the package to my door due to their sheer laziness. The first was that there was no buzz number on the shipping label but my name is on the building directory with my buzz, they could have easily looked me up. It would have taken literally 5 seconds. I have gotten many packages and never have listed my buzz number and UPS and FedEx looks up my buzz. But not Purolator. When I called to complain the supervisor I spoke with said that drivers have NO OBLIGATION to deliver a package without a buzz number. RIDICULOUS!!!!! He said the driver didn't even get out of the truck to look up my buzz number he had just driven by with no obligation to deliver.

The second time was that the Purolator delivery person buzzed me and gave me exactly ONE ring on my phone and then drove off before I could even answer the phone to buzz him or tell him I'd come down to the lobby. I RAN down after that one ring to find that I couldn't even see his truck, he was already gone. I complained to Purolator and they said that it was 100% the driver's fault. When he DID come back (because I told them he better! I took the day off!) he gave me a lot of attitude and said it was my fault. I am MORE than upset with this company and I think that Abercrombie should ship to Canada with a different carrier to avoid customers having such negative experiences. I might actually write to Abercrombie's Head Office to tell them that because I love Abercrombie and want them to know that they may unintentionally be losing their customer base.

PS: don't believe me? search "Purolator sucks" or "I hate Purolator" on Google to see how many other people have awful experiences with them. I know people have bad experiences with FedEx and UPS too but I really truly think that Purolator's company philosophy is that they just don't care. I will note that the supervisors I talked to at Purolator were curteous and polite and agreed with me that some of Purolator's company policies i.e. the buzz one are ridiculous.

1 comment: